Read time: 3 min
Lion's Mane named of it's likeness to an acutual lion's mane is a special daily mushroom that is great for your brain.
This powerful medicinal mushroom has a number of impressive health and productivty benefits, including:
- Boosting brain health: Lion's Mane contains powerful antioxidants that may help protect against oxidative stress-induced neuronal death.
- Improving memory: Lion's Mane improves memory and learning performance by increasing nerve growth factor (NGF) production in the brain.
- Reducing stress: Lion's Mane has been shown to reduce cortisol levels by up to 23% in rats undergoing a chronic stress test.
Chaga is sometimes referred to as the 'king' of medical mushrooms and is one of the most popular medicinal mushrooms.
It supports immune function, reduces inflammation, and fights free radical damage. Chaga also supports healthy liver and kidney function, detoxification and overall vitality.
Chaga's high antioxidant content makes it an excellent immune booster and anti-inflammatory agent that helps to strengthen your body's defenses against illness while boosting your energy levels at the same time.
- Boosts immunity: Chaga contains high levels of antioxidants called betulinic acid and triterpenes that strengthen your immune system by fighting free radicals and boosting your body's natural defenses against infections, according to research published in the journal "Phytotherapy Research." This may help you fight off colds and flu during cancer treatment or just to keep your immune system strong throughout life.
- Manages stress: Stress can have many negative effects on our health, including suppressing the immune system. Since chaga helps manage stress by improving mood and reducing anxiety and depression, it can also help boost immunity when we're under stress from other factors like chemotherapy or radiation therapy, according to an animal study published in the journal "Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin."
In 1993 the world watched as members of the Chinese women's Olympic running team broke numerous world records during competition.
After much speculation as to what contributed to their unprecedented success the team was tested for banned substances and none were found.
It was eventually revealed by the team that intense training at altitude and a special elixir with Cordyceps as the main ingredient was the secret to their incredible success.
This thrust Cordyceps into mainstream consciousness and aroused a great deal of interest in Cordyceps' performance-enhancing capabilities fuelling a plethora of new studies and scientific research.
Cordyceps has been researched for its performance-enhancing capabilities. This mushroom helps deliver oxygen to all areas of the body on a cellular level, which supports stamina and aerobic capacity.
It has also been shown to reduce muscle fatigue and support anaerobic performance. Cordyceps supports the production of adenosine triphosphate, which is our body's primary source of energy. It is a perfect supplement to take before a workout to boost energy levels and reduce fatigue.
Reishi has been shown to reduce anxiety and improve mood, making it a popular supplement among people who want to reduce their stress levels. Some research shows that it may also be useful for treating depression, as well as improving sleep quality.
Reishi contains polysaccharides and triterpenes (a type of steroid) that have been shown to boost the immune system by activating certain types of white blood cells called lymphocytes, which help fight off infections.
Reishi also contains antioxidants that protect our cells from damage caused by free radicals (unstable molecules that can cause oxidative damage).
Reishi mushroom, which is also called the "immunity mushroom" and the "mushroom of immortality," has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine to strengthen the immune system and treat liver disease.
Reishi mushroom is an adaptogen, which means it helps to balance the body's response to stress. Adaptogens can help manage stress by normalizing hormones, increasing resistance to stress and boosting energy production.
- Fight fatigue
- Boosts mood
- Supports the immune system