Read time: 3 min
Coffee is a staple of many people's morning routines.
It can be a quick boost to get you going, but it can also be the only thing keeping you awake at work.
But why limit yourself to just one cup of coffee? If you love your daily dose of caffeine, why not combine it with something else that has similar effects on the body?
Lion's Mane extract is said to have some of the same effects as coffee without all those pesky side effects. And while most people are aware of these benefits, not everyone knows that these two common things—coffee and mushrooms—are actually great together!
What is Lion's Mane?
Lion's Mane is not a lion. It's a mushroom, and it's also known as Hericium Erinaceus or Yamabushitake.
The mushroom contains a variety of nutrients and compounds, including polysaccharides (complex sugars), beta-glucans, ergosterols and triterpenes. These are thought to have antioxidant properties that can boost the immune system.
Lion's Mane may be used for medicinal purposes such as treating depression, anxiety and gastrointestinal disorders like IBS or Crohn's disease. It's also used to help reduce inflammation in people with rheumatoid arthritis or other inflammatory diseases such as lupus erythematosus.
Benefits of Lion's Mane
Lion's Mane is a type of mushroom that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. It's best known for its benefits to the brain and nervous system, but it also supports immune system health, liver health, heart health and gut health.
Lion's Mane contains compounds that stimulate nerve growth factor (NGF) production in cells that line your blood vessels and throughout your body. This compound helps keep the brain healthy as you age by helping prevent stroke, depression and Alzheimer's disease by reducing cell death caused by free radicals—or highly reactive molecules produced by normal cellular processes or exposure to toxins like alcohol or pollution.
It's also been shown to relieve anxiety symptoms such as irritability and restlessness and help you focus!
Can the effects of coffee be enhanced by the extract from Lion's Mane mushrooms?
- Yes, it can.
- It's a great way to get the benefits of coffee without caffeine and jitters.
- It is a natural way to enhance the effects of coffee.
- It can naturally boost your energy and focus levels.
If you can't live without coffee, you might as well get some benefit from it.
You might be thinking, "I can't live without coffee. If I'm going to drink it, I'd better get something out of it." You're right—there are some benefits of drinking coffee.
- It may help you stay focused and concentrate better. Studies have shown that people who drink coffee regularly are less likely to suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Parkinson's disease later in life. It's also been shown that caffeine can reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer's Disease by up to 65%.
- Coffee can improve memory and learning ability, especially for older adults who are at risk for cognitive decline or dementia. How does this work? Researchers aren't sure yet, but one possible explanation is that caffeine stimulates an increase in blood flow around your brain which helps deliver more oxygen-rich blood to your brain cells: more oxygen means more energy! Another possibility is that caffeine enhances the action of adenosine receptors on neurons (the "receptors" are tiny docking stations where chemicals attach themselves before delivering messages), which ultimately increases neuroplasticity, so you have a greater capacity for creating new connections between brain cells—and thus form stronger memories while avoiding forgetfulness!
- Some studies suggest it could lower anxiety levels over time if taken regularly enough - which may be due to increased endorphin production during consumption. Additionally, there may be some antidepressant qualities associated with daily consumption since an increase in dopamine levels increases pleasure sensation while reducing pain perception overall (this is why opiates such as heroin make users feel good). However, evidence remains unclear whether this would actually result in any positive effects on mood over time due to its addictive nature.
So, there you have it.
A brief overview of the mushroom, its benefits and how they could be enhanced with coffee.
If you're a coffee lover but want to feel better about your habit (or lack thereof), then this is something worth looking into :)
Experiment and try for yourself and see if adding Lion's Mane into your coffee will help your body and mind.
If you liked this, you'll love...